When and what time is the start?
The races Marathon, Half Marathon and 10 km will take place on Sunday, January 25, 2015. The start for the Marathon and Half Marathon will be at 09:00, while the distance 10 km will be at 08:20.
How the start will be arranged?
The start will be organized in different starting gates according to the estimated finish times. The starting gates will be set as follows:
MARATHON AND HALF MARATHON
• Gate Time in Marathon Time in Half Marathon
Gate 1 Up to 2h 50' Up to 1h 24'
Gate 2 From 2h 51' to 3h 0' From 1h 25' to 1h 30'
Gate 3 From 3h 01' to 3h 30' From 1h 31' to 1h 45'
Gate 4 Over 3h 31' Over 1h 46'
• The gates will be open from 8:15 to 8:50 am, subsequently being closed. Athletes who have not entered into their gate thereafter will be included into the last gate.
10 KM RACE
- Gate Time in 10 km
Gate 1 Up to 40'
- Gate 2 From 41' to 50'
- Gate 3 Over 51'
• The gates will be open from 7:45 to 8:15 am, subsequently being closed. Athletes who have not entered into their gate thereafter will be included into the last gate.
What time I should be in the starting area?
•If you go directly to the start area we recommend you to arrive half an hour before the race start.
•If you need to leave your belongings in the cloakroom, we recommend to arrive an hour in advance to avoid the crowds.
•Closing time cloakroom:
Marathon and Half Marathon: 8:10 am
10 Km: 8:25 am
Where the race begins and ends?
The race will start in the Industrial José Sánchez Peñate Avenue and will end at the Alfredo Kraus Auditorium next to the gardens of the Atlantic.
At what mile markers the aid stations will be located?
Refreshments will be found situated approximately at the mile markers 5/27, 10/31, 15/36, 20/41 and finish. In addition the organization will place another refreshment point located at km 22.
How I can make my registration?
Entries can be made via web or in person until Friday January 9, 2015 at 12:00 (noon).
- Registration via web:
Accessing the website and completing the registration form with your personal data and credit card payment. Once the payment is realized you will receive an email confirming your participation in the chosen mode.
- Registration in person:
May be carried out in the office of DISA Gran Canaria Marathon 2015 in Gran Canaria Stadium, Monday through Friday from 9:00 to 14:00. (c/ Fondos de Segura s/n, Estadio de Gran Canaria, Ground 0).
It will be necessary to go with the ID and pay the amount in cash corresponding to the chosen distance.
What is the deadline to register?
The timing and price of the registrations are:
DISA GC Marathon
- January 20 to October 31, 30 €
- November 1 to December 31, 40 €
- January 1, 2015 to January 9, 2015, 50 €
DISA GC Half Marathon
- January 20 to October 31, 20 €
- November 1 to December 31, 30 €
- January 1, 2015 to January 9, 2015, 40 €
- January 20 to October 31, 10 €
- November 1 to December 31, 15 €
- January 1, 2015 to January 9, 2015, 20 €
Where and when I pick-up the bib number?
- The bib numbers will be picked-up at the Expodeporte to be held at the Alfredo Kraus Auditorium.
- The time of collection of the bib numbers will be as follows:
Thursday January 22, 2015 from 16:00 to 21:00.
Friday January 23, 2015 from 9:00 to 21:00.
Saturday January 24, 2015 from 9:00 to 21:00.
Can I collect the bib number the day of the race?
• It's not possible to collect the bib numbers on the race day.
What do I need to pick-up the start bag?
• For withdrawal you must have an official document (ID card, passport); without this document you will not be given the bib number. It's not allowed bib withdrawal by another person.
Can I pick up the bib mumber of another person?
It's not allowed bib number withdrawal by another person.
Is it required to run with the bib number and the chip?
• Yes, it is required. Also should be placed where the organization indicates.
• The numbers must be clearly visible on the chest during the entire race, following the specific rules of the RFEA.
• Each participant will receive a personal chip, which if standing shall be placed in the shoes. In this case and after the race, the chip will be returned to the organizers.
Is there a cloakroom on the day of the race?
- For the races VI DISA Gran Canaria Marathon and XIV DISA Gran Canaria Half Marathon the cloakroom will remain open to collect runners' bags from 08:45 am of Sunday January 25, 2015 in a delimited space indicated by the organization for this purpose in the Alfredo Kraus Auditorium area. For the 10 km Race of the Disa Gran Canaria Marathon the wardrobe will be open to collect runners' bags until 8:25 am.
- Will be given in Expodeporte, along with the bib and the official t-shirt, one bag for each runner, identified with their race number. This will be the only bag to be received in the cloakroom by the organization with the personal property of the registered runners. Other bags, backpacks or similar other than the official organizational will not be collected.
- For the return of the bag with personal belongings the runners must present their race numbers.
- The cloakroom will remain open until one hour after the official closing of the race, i.e. until 4:00 pm. From that moment, the material left in the wardrobe and not withdrawn, will be transferred to the offices of the DISA Gran Canaria Marathon until March 1, 2015.
What classifications exist in distances Marathon and Half Marathon?
- Rankings for the VI DISA Gran Canaria Marathon and XIV DISA Gran Canaria Half Marathon will be conducted in accordance with the following:
- ABSOLUTE MALE AND FEMALE: the first three of each race
- JUNIOR MALE AND FEMALE (born 1997 and 1996)
- PROMISE MALE AND FEMALE: (born in 1993, 1994, 1995)
- SENIOR MALE AND FEMALE: (born 1992 and earlier)
- MALE AND FEMALE VETERANS (according to age groups)
- M35 / W35 - From 35 to 39 years on event day
- M40 / W40 - From 40 to 44 years on event day
- M45 / W45 - From 45 to 49 years on event day
- M50 / W50 - From 50 to 54 years on event day
- M55 / W55 - From 55 to 59 years on event day
- M60 / W60 - From 60 to 64 years on event day
- and so on 5 by 5 years in both men (M) and women (W)
Are there prizes?
• Only at distances of Marathon and Half Marathon. They are:
◦ GENERAL MALE AND FEMALE CLASSIFICATION of the VI DISA Gran Canaria Marathon
Firsts € 1500
Seconds € 1200
Thirds € 700
- Fourths € 350
Fifths € 250
Sixths € 100
- Sevenths € 75
Eights € 70
- Ninths € 65
- Tenths € 60
◦ If the three ranked first performed times above 2h 20' (male) and 2h 45' (female) the prize money will be reduced by 25%.
◦ Bonus to improve the best male and female time made in the previous five editions. All times should be less than 2h 17' 40" (male) and 2h 40' 30" (female).
- First € 1000
Second € 50
- Third € 250
◦ GENERAL MALE AND FEMALE CLASSIFICATION of the XIV DISA Gran Canaria Half Marathon
Firsts € 600
Seconds € 450
Thirds € 300
Fourths € 150
Fifths € 100
- Sixths € 75
- Sevenths € 65
Eights € 60
Ninths € 55
- Tenths € 50
◦ Being the Marathon and Half Marathon included in the national and international calendar RFEA, there will be the mandatory drug test. Having been appointed to pass this check, any runner that will refuse it will be automatically disqualified in all categories and prizes that may have won and his decision formally denounced to the competent bodies of the RFEA. Thus, athletes who pass this check and entitled to a prize money must await the outcome to receive the award.
Where the prize money will be paid?
- Delivery of prizes will take place EXCLUSIVELY in the Secretariat of the event, located in a space reserved at the Palacio de Congresos de Canarias / Auditorio Alfredo Kraus from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm on January 25, 2015, exhibiting relevant personal documentation.
- Those athletes who, being entitled to the prize money for the position reached in the final rankings, won't withdraw it within the time at the indicated location will lose the right to it.
What are the rankings for the 10 km Race?
• Classifications for the 10 km Race of the VI DISA Gran Canaria Marathon are made according to the following table:
- A. ABSOLUT MALE AND FEMALE: the first three of each race
- B. YOUTH MALE AND FEMALE (born 1998 and 1999)
- C. JUNIOR MALE AND FEMALE (born 1997 and 1996)
- D. PROMISE MALE AND FEMALE (born in 1993, 1994, 1995)
- E. SENIOR MALE AND FEMALE (born in 1992 and earlier)
- F. MALE AND FEMALE VETERANS (according to age groups)
- a. M35 / W35 - From 35 to 39 years on event day
- b. M40 / W40 - From 40 to 44 years on event day
- c. M45 / W45 - From 45 to 49 years on event day
- d. M50 / W50 - From 50 to 54 years on event day
- e. M55 / W55 - From 55 to 59 years on event day
- f. M60 / W60 - From 60 to 64 years on event day
- g. and so on 5 by 5 years in both men (M) and women (
Can I switch mode?
Changing race or distance will be allowed ONLY up to December 9, 2014 at 2:00 pm and only from a longer race to a shorter one without implying a refund of the difference.
Can I cancel my registration?
Can I transfer my registration to someone else?
Registration can not be transferred in any way to another person.
Is there a limit of entries?
- There is a maximum number of entries being for VI DISA Gran Canaria Marathon of 1500 participants and for XIV DISA Gran Canaria Half Marathon of 3500 runners.
- There is a maximum number of 3500 registered participants for the 10 km Race of the VI DISA Gran Canaria Marathon 2015.
- If these amounts are reached in any of the races before the end of the registration period, it will be closed immediately in the race or races whose quota has been met.
Is there an age limit to enroll?
- In the VI DISA Gran Canaria Marathon 2015 and in the XIV Gran Canaria Half Marathon will have access all who wish, that formalized their enrollment within the date and with the manner established for it, federated or not, foreign athletes can participate complying with RFEA and IAAF regulations, provided they have completed 18 years on the day of the race.
- In the 10 km Race of the VI DISA Gran Canaria Marathon 2015 will have access all persons who wish, federated or not, foreign athletes can participate complying with IAAF RFEA regulations, provided they have completed 16 years on the day of the race.
How will be the electronic timing?
- The timing of the VI DISA Gran Canaria Marathon, the XIV DISA Gran Canaria Half Marathon and of the 10 km Race to be done by a single system of electronic timing. Each participant will receive a personal chip that, if standing, have to be placed in the shoes. In this case and after the race, the chip will be returned to the organizers.
- Will appear in the classification only those participants who performed the race with the bib number and chip that facilitates the organization, obliging the runner in any case to check the proper functioning of the chip in the timekeeper stand at Expodeporte and carry it during the race where directed by the organization.
- Gross time (from the time of the race departure to the arrival at the goal line), is the unique official result of the race. In any case, the so-called "net time", time since crossing the start line until is crossed the finish line, will be provided to each runner.
Is there a time limit to complete the race?
- The VI DISA Gran Canaria Marathon 2015 will have a time limit of 6.00 hours, closing the control of the arrival at 3:00 pm. Likewise the XIV DISA Gran Canaria Half Marathon will have a duration of 3 hours, closing the control at 12:00 (noon).
- The 10 km Race of the VI DISA Gran Canaria Marathon 2015 will have an expected duration of 1.20 hours and the organization may close the control of the arrival at 10:00 am, if necessary for organizational needs.
What if I forget the bib number and chip?
You won't be able to participate in the distance in which you are enrolled being disqualified.
Do I have to run with the official shirt of the race?
It is not mandatory to participate in the official shirt of the race.
Are there massage services after the race?
There will be a physiotherapy service for the runners of the distances Marathon and Half Marathon in the space provided for that purpose by the organization in the Alfredo Kraus Auditorium.